Purchase Order Processing
From £50 ex VAT for single user!
- Full-functioned Purchase Order Management system for all purchases of 'stock' and 'non-stock' items.
- Stand-alone or fully integrated with Maxton Purchase Ledger and also optionally with the Maxton Stock Control and Maxton Job-costing modules.
- Orders created in detail or in summary form on-screen using stock items, non-stock items or plain text lines. Includes automatic numbering, discounts, descriptions and settlement discount.
- All order transactions may be viewed, modified, printed and or deleted up to the point when the goods are marked received. Stock Control and /or Job-costing is updated in real-time at this point (or by batch if required).
- Additional lines or items can be added to the order at any time.
- Orders may be emailed directly from the POP module from addresses stored in the Supplier files.
- Orders may be searched for by supplier, date or by 'key-word search'.
- Any outstanding or short-supplied items can be moved to a 'back-order' to await a further delivery. Any number of 'back orders' may be subsequently created.
- When the purchase invoice is received and checked against the order and its delivery details, the system will then post an Invoice transaction directly on to the suppliers' account in the purchase ledger to await payment. The original order is then archived and removed from the list of current orders.
- Order archive for all fulfilled or deleted orders. Any number of years including full order line-detail and account history. Searching facilities included.
- Management reports for current orders including: outstanding orders report, nominal summary report, received goods not invoiced report, order transaction analysis and aged creditors report.
- Archived/fulfilled Orders may be searched for by supplier, date or by 'key-word search'.
- Management reports for archived/fulfilled orders including: report on all orders and back-orders derived from one original order, nominal summary report, deleted orders report and supplier order turnover.
- Built-in self-audit and status report on file consistency. Automatic data-recovery in the event of hardware failure or power failure.
- Options for Networking, Multi-company, Multi-currency and Multi-user.
- Optional integration with Stock Control, Job-Costing, Subcontracts Ledger and General Ledger. Many other 'custom' links are available.
There are too many features and options to list here. Please contact us if any feature that you are interested in is not listed above.
System design philosophy.
The Maxton Purchase Order Processing system is designed as an 'open item' ledger including an archive for each year and various other history files. All orders and credit-orders and the resulting invoices and credits are entered straight into their respective day-books where they show immediately on the suppliers accounts etc. However, these new postings are held in a 'batch' where they can be modified or deleted at will. The 'batch' can cover any time period from one day to many months. This is especially helpful if a mistake is found in an entry, say a wrong date has been entered or an order was entered to the wrong supplier's account. The correction can be made by editing the existing entry.
Each year's deleted or fulfilled order-transaction history is held in a separate file. These files can be deleted to save space or can be stored indefinitely. When stored as part of the system, the archives allow a history of a supplier's account to be printed stretching back for years, even to the point when the system was set up. A second very useful result is that an order in any of the stored years can be called up (by supplier, order number or by key-word search) and printed or displayed showing all its 'drill-down' detail including order-quantity, supplied-quantity, product, vat and nominal codes as well as item pricing.
The Maxton Book-keeping modules are designed to work together in an integrated fashion to provide a complete management system.
For most small and medium size businesses there are no practical limits or restrictions. The Maxton Purchase Order Processing module is not limited too, but works best where you have no more than 12,000 suppliers, each of which has no more than 5,000 transactions in any one year. Total transactions in any month are best kept below 10,000. The standard system allows up to 50 lines on one order.
Click here for more pricing options.